Sunday, June 21, 2009

Movie Review: The Hangover


My first movie review!
Warning: Possible Spoilers


The Hangover
Director: Todd Phillips (Old School)
Cast: Bradley Cooper (Alias), Ed Helms (The Office: US), Zach Galifianakis, Justin Batha (National Treasure)

My Rating: 8/10

Really enjoyed it. For those who haven't seen the trailer, it is about 4 friends going to Las Vegas for a bachelor party, days before one is getting married. After a night of mayhem, they wake up not remembering anything, and the future groom no where to be seen. I won't talk anymore about the plotline for those who want to see it.

I think The Hangover is a very realistic comedy. The characters could easily resemble the friends that you have, and who hasn't woken up from a hangover and not remembered everything that happened the last night. It was hillarious at times- some scenes were just gold. Alan (Zach Galifianakis) made his mark in the film, and at some stages just took over. Hopefully we will see him in many more movies to come.

I was glad that the trailers I saw didn't ruin all the jokes (one movie that did this that comes to mind was Pineapple Express). My only disappointment was some cast members were under-used, would have been better to see more scenes of Heather Graham, Ken Jeong (who was off the chain!, also in Role Models and Knocked Up), and Mike Epps (who some may know is from Resident Evil Apocalypse). Doug (Justin Batha) was a little under-used too. Mike Tyson made a very good cameo appearance though. That is all the criticism I can think about against the film.

My rating is 8/10. Highly recommended, and I encourage you to check it out.
There are rumours of a sequel of The Hangover, but nothing has been officially announced.

1 comment: